What are Fixed Bridges?
Dental bridges can allow a patient to restore more than one tooth at a time. A bridge is comprised of a false tooth surrounded by two dental crowns. The crowns are placed on the natural teeth of the patient, securing the false tooth in place.
What are the benefits of Fixed Bridges?
● Cosmetic restoration
● Improvement of speech and chewing ability
● Maintains the youthful appearance of facial muscles
● Repairs the dispersion of force in the bite
● Protect remaining natural teeth from shifting or from further damage
Types of dental bridges:
● Traditional bridges - this is the most common form of dental bridge. These can consist of several false teeth held in place by dental crowns cemented to natural teeth.
● Cantilever bridges - This type of bridge is similar to a traditional bridge, but it’s held in place by being cemented to only one natural tooth.
● Maryland bridges - this bridge holds the false teeth in place by metal or porcelain framework which is bonded to the back of the natural teeth.
● Implant-supported bridges - this type of bridge will have one dental implant to support every false tooth.
Consult with your dentist in Durham, NC to find out which type of dental bridge would be the best option for you.
Are dental bridges better than other restorative services?
Dental bridges are an excellent option for patients looking to restore their smile. They tend to be more affordable than other restorative procedures. Dental implants can be expensive, so they are not always a favorable option for some patients. Getting bridges is also a faster procedure than other services. It typically only takes a few weeks, whereas dental implants could take months. However, bridges may need more frequent replacements than other services. Every 5-7 years, you will probably need to return to your dentist in Durham, NC. Other procedures offer a virtually lifetime guarantee with proper maintenance. No smile is the same, so you should consult with your dentist to determine which restorative procedure would be best for you.
If you have any further questions about dental bridges, call your dentist in Durham, NC to find out if bridges would be the right procedure for you! You can reach us at 919-688-4100, or you can schedule an appointment right from our website. The team at Carolina Cosmetic Dental Care look forward to seeing your beautiful smile!